Rescue in Felarya
Part 7 of 8
- What this mean? - Indiana ask, with his archaeological curiosity aroused.
- For centuries many people,from archaeologists as you until greedy looters come here facing the danger of being eaten by predators, to scan or steal the ruins. Nevertheless, no one knows when Ur-Sagol was founded and the people who were raised native of Felarya, or if they came from some other world. Above all, no one could figure out how and by whom it was destroyed.
It has been the target of the wrath of some deity? None god or goddess spot left any statement about it to their worshipers. They were attacked by some powerful army? There was a civil war between two or more factions? A deadly epidemic decimated the population, before a cure was discovered? Its inhabitants built some wonderful invention that when running for the first time had a critical failure, and killed everyone? Nobody has found evidence to confirm or deny any of these hypotheses. I remember that when I was in college, a professor of ancient history have said that the Greek philosopher Plato described the island of Atlantis in detail in two books, whose names I forgot.
- One of the books is called Timaeus and the Nature.The other, Critias and Atlantis.
- Well Doctor Jones,those unfortunate city hadn´t a gifted writer to reveal its genesis, do an ode to their glory days and finally,a narration about how was the fall to future generations.
- And how will we find the Gate Dimensional into a ghost town?
- The gate is not within Ur-Sagol, but its surroundings. As I said, Kensha beasts often wander here and a giant naga called Jissy live within the city. But we're lucky. Today Jissy is absent, and the beasts Kensha too.
- How do you know that?
- A recognition of the area was made while you were still asleep. Kai will accompany us until near the gate, in the event of appearing some harpy or fairy.
Indian puts the bags on his shoulders and starts walking with Randall at his side. And then, when they are close to the tower, to Kai, saying:
- At last the time has come to say goodbye, Sir Ross. I know how this return to her world is important, but I will miss our conversations. How much would have been different if I had been the first giant naga found to reach Felarya!
- All right, my friend. - Randall says turning and looking up - I wish I could render his help in the final stage of our trip with beautiful jewelry and expensive clothes, but this is beyond my possibilities. Then I'll talk about something I discovered recently. Basin Jungle is a small town that grew around a Dryad named Cypress, which is the only of its kind in that place and protects all locals. The only meat she eats is the giant swamp snakes. I believe that if you approach carefully, declare their good intentions cypress and not try to change the power it can also stay in place, strengthening the protection of people and thus have I ever wanted: to live among humans who do not They will be afraid to see her.
- That would be wonderful Oh Mr. Ross! I love to hug you, but you're too small.
- I would also like to give you a hug Kai, but you are too many big!
The man and the giant naga laugh. Then the FBI agent makes an unusual request: - It could be lower and closer to your face?
The naga giant considers it odd, but obeys. So Randall kisses her on the lips. The naga stands in a sudden movement, putting his hands in the face at the same time that blushes like a teenager after receiving the first kiss, saying:
- Oh Mister Ross! Besides a gentleman, you’re also a philanderer!
The scene is so moving and fun to Indiana to forget his phobia for a few moments, before waving good-bye. So, Indiana notices two harpies approaching. Randall also sees them and says:
- Relax, Doctor Jones. Those harpies will not attack us.
- Why are you so sure?
Randall points to the tower, saying:
- Because if they do, that tower will hit them with lightning, which although not fatal, it is quite painful! None monster girl dare get close because of this defense system. We are safe, and that pair of harpies know this.
They soon reach a black granite circle with five yards in diameter. The device's simplicity makes Indiana disappointed.
- Are you sure this is going to send us back to Earth?
- Absolute! Now, close your eyes and do not open until I talk, okay?
- Think in the lobby of time, in a place a few meters before the gate that went through to come to Felarya. Have you done that?
- Yes, I did Ross agent. - He replies, before hearing a faint popping, as if a piece of pottery had broken.
- Now, you just want to be there.
Moments later, the two harpies (A bright green hair with) wings and legs covered with blue feathers, the other with green eyes, brown hair legs and arms with ocher feathers were moving away at high speed Ur-Sagol while waging a tense dialogue about what they had seen minutes before:
- That damn vegetarian deprived us of two human tastes delicious! - Says the brown hair.
- Yeah, it's really despicable! - Responds to another - But what bothers me were the weird things just happen!
- What are you talking about?
- First we saw two men arrive at Dimensional Gate. We were circling, and let's look at the only gate for a moment.Then looking back,we saw three human, because a green clothes woman had joined them. Where did she come from?
- She had gotten by Gate.
- But because someone comes through the gate to join two people who were there and then all go away together? It makes no sense!
- I NO WANNA DECIPHER MYSTERIES!I´M TOO MANY ANGRY WITH THE MEAL THAT WE LOST!
- Well, at least we hadn´t a misfortune such as Belletia and Mako!
- What happened to them?
- You don´t know yet? It seems that them ate something not very healthy. Since yesterday howling in pain all the time! Nobody in one mile range around their nest can sleep or rest quiet because of the scandal that those two are doing!
- Crisis and Ana should be among the most boring!
- Ana yes, but Crisis not because she taking care of Vivian that are ill in Chordoni, but I haven´t information on the cause.
- So let's tell! Crisis hate Belletia and Vivian always likes to know about news!
The two harpies fly as fast as possible to Chordoni and land in front of Vivian cave. The green-haired harpy says aloud:
- Hey Vivian!How are...
But to them listen is a cry of pain and then, the angry voice of Vivian saying:
- CRISIS!YOU BURNED MY BREASTS WITH HOT SOUP!
- W-was an accident! The voice of harpy distracted me!
- ACCIDENT AS THE OTHER WHEN YOU POISONED ME DAYS AGO, A GIVING TO ME A SOUP SEASONED WITH THE NAGA NIGHTMARE?
- I-I had never seen that damn fruit before! I did not know it was dangerous! That also was an accident!
- YES! THE SECOND ACCIDENT THIS WEEK!SOON, WILL HAPPEN ONE MORE… WITH YOU!
Sensing danger, the two harpies take off, soaring to 300 foots high, which see Crisis get out in a sprint, with Vivian behind, saying:
- WHEN I FINISHED, YOUR HEAD WILL BE SO BARE LIKE NODGHONG SHELL!
- PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE! - Exclaims the blonde naga, increasing her speed.
And while the angry purple naga make a terrible scene in Chordoni, a universe away from Felarya, in the world called Earth, the Caribbean island of Cuba, a drama that begun at the time of World War II was nearing its conclusion.
Indiana Jones listens to the voice of the travel partner, saying:
- You can open your eyes, Doctor Jones.
Archaeologist follows and looks around. The old temple was the same as before he crossed the portal: Dusty and cobwebs.
- We are back to the temple in Cuba! A warm place, but no girl-monster around to try to eat!
- Yes, they are all very, very far from here.
- Can I open the bags now?
- Wait a little bit more. Before, I have to destroy this temple. Ianberos Lord told me the places that I reach with my bursts to cause a chain reaction that will end this place once and for all!
- What? Are you crazy? This place is a priceless relic!
- And also a trap. If you keep intact, others can cross the portal and go to Felarya, a world full of deadly dangers. Whatever else has the same misfortunes you, but not is around someone like me to help?
- You're right. But as an archaeologist, I cannot help but mourn the loss of a historical monument.
- As a law enforcement officer, I don´t like to practice vandalism, but in this case I know that I haven´t other option. Now go up the hill, Doctor Jones. A friend of mine will be waiting for you. Obey her instructions. And do not worry if you do not catch sight of me walking out the door of time. I can assure you'll be fine. Again, Indiana gets confused with the words that he had heard, but obeys. Go down the stairs and get on the ground below to see a blond woman with a green dress looking at him and waving. When it comes where she is, the woman points to an area devoid of vegetation, two hundred meters from where they were and says:
- Go to the place. Here it is unsafe. Indian logo is in place indicated that was the size of three tennis courts with some flat stones rising above ground level. From there, you look at the valley where the temple door seemed tiny because of the distance. But the stillness is short-lived, because soon hear a similar roar with thunder, which did not fit with the fine day and only with white clouds. Then the slope slides, covering the entrance of the temple under tons of earth. Rusted carcasses of the two cars, too close to the edge of the valley, fall in it and also disappear without a trace. But Indiana Jones is stricken, because he had not seen Randall leave.
- Where are the agent Ross? - He asks, standing up in the jeep. - Is he well?
But who answers is not the blond woman. The archaeologist hears a familiar voice behind them.
- Yes, you can say this, doctor Jones.
Indiana is perplexed, because between the door of the temple to where the jeep was the half mile away!
- How did you get here?
- Soon you will know everything, Doctor Jones. Jeep exit take the bags in the back, sit on a rock and pour everything inside of them on the ground. Indiana does what Randall had asked, but when the first bag contents spreads in reddish earth, it takes a shock: in the midst of a lot of dry moss, there were human bones!
Examining the bones more closely. He realizes he were a woman. There was also a rectangular brooch of silver coated with transparent glaze, showing two snakes entwined in opposite directions, forming a S. He identifies it as the symbol of Loki, the Norse god of lies and trickery. In another bag male bones, but with the basin and four broken ribs.
Randall begins to speak:
- In April 1943 I and my team received the task of capturing a woman suspected of being Nazi spy, known only by the codename of Lorelai, who was stealing top secret information from an unknown mode. We followed her to Cuba but she left the hotel where she was staying twenty minutes before our arrival. I rented a car and started a chase that reached to the vicinity of that temple.
- My real name is Brigitte Hebbel and was born in Germany. As a teenager, I found I could fathom the mind of others, since it had some kind of physical contact: kiss, hug or even a simple handshake. Also could move objects with the power of the mind, since it weighed four kilograms at most. And despite having used this skill to play tricks on some enemies and get good test scores, I did not like my special ability. But after Hitler came to power, it did not take to his spy agency, the Abweher found out about me. And you can be sure Doctor Jones: When Abweher told someone to join them; the only way to stay alive was say "yes."
Under intense training, my telepathic abilities and telekinetic have been enhanced to the maximum. Then came the day I was instructed to go to America for secret information, using the false name of Brigitte Hervart. Before my bosses ordered use my telepathic abilities to learn English as well as Spanish, because I could would enter the United States through the border with Mexico, where Abweher had sympathizers.
In the United States, it was quite efficient in getting the secret information that Abweher wanted. But although they had few clues about me, the FBI sent his best men to capture me, including Ross agent. Because of the circumstances, my Mexican contacts told me to go to Cuba, where they would board a submarine to Germany. I escaped by a whisker to be captured at the hotel where she was staying, but unlike colleagues, Ross agent managed to get a car, and started chasing me. Hit a tree and see the entrance of the temple, I made a serious mistake: I entered inside.
After unwittingly I activated that damned portal and entered it. I left in the middle of the Whispers Jungle, where soon a huge naga giant dark blue hair and green eyes and swallowed grabbed me before I saw her. I fell into her stomach where were three victims it floated been killed amid the gastric juice, the level of which should have a meter and a half.
I ran into one of them and felt disgusted to see how the meat is expended. I was beginning to feel the gastric juices starting to burn my skin. I knew it would be impossible to escape from there, but did not want a painful death, slowly being digested alive. Then I saw a short sword that one of those unfortunate people had tried to use to cut the stomach of the naga in a desperate attempt to get out, stuck just above the gastric level. I swam over and picked her up supporting me a stomach tuck. So I crossed my heart with the blade, ending my agony. My soul left the body and I floated like a balloon full of hydrogen, leaving the body of the naga. I not say why, but I felt compelled to follow it and so, I did.
Sometime later, I saw Ross agent walking through the woods, a few hundred meters ahead. I shouted to warn him, but he did not hear my voice. When the naga tried to catch him he hit her hand with his energy burst. The naga cried out in pain, then grabbed him. Perhaps because of the injury, it was cruel and Ross squeezed tightly, before moving her head back and swallows him starting with the legs. Now, I think he can tell better what happened next.
- When pressed by the naga that Hebbel Miss mentioned had my crushed pelvis, legs and some ribs, and massive internal bleeding. But not so I gave up fighting for my life and into the esophagus I opened my arms to not go sliding down. The naga gasped, putting her hands on her throat tightening to see if I was falling in the stomach or perhaps to spit me, I cannot say. But this was a serious mistake. I remembered the brief period he had studied medicine and school of human anatomy. And the body part of Naga was equal to that of a human. I fired an energy blast that cut the esophagus, reaching the cervical spine. I could hear the guttural sounds of pain from my tormentor who tried to spit me with even more commitment. Except that I was faster and killed her before being expelled. Then she took his hands from his throat, and fell. Hebbel Ross interrupts the narrative to say:
- I'll be candid, Doctor Jones. Was with great satisfaction that I saw the blast of Ross agent out in the back of the neck of the naga, cutting the flesh and the skin like a blowtorch through a metal plate. Then I saw my tormentor drop dead on the ground with a startled look on her face. I believe she went to hell without understanding how she got her end. A few minutes later I saw Ross agent out of the naga´s mouth, which was half open. He trudged with difficulty. It was easy to see that he was mortally wounded, and had left not long to live. I felt a great distress witnessing the scene. The rivalry between our countries doesn´t make sense in Felarya.
My loyalty oath of loyalty to Hitler had done with my life. And because of that, I felt compelled to help that man to me, was no longer an enemy. I did not know how. Nevertheless, I arrived just near Ross and putting my hands near his head, I wished he would stop feeling pain.
- And worked, Doctor Jones. Miraculously, the terrible pain I was feeling stopped! It was much easier to go to a crack at ground level in a tree before me the place had a funnel shape, and it was spacious enough for a car park there. And that's where I took my last breath.
Indian feel a chill to realize that for several days had make a travel side by side with a ghost! But he represses fear, to continue hearing the incredible narrative.
- Brigitte and I were near the body of the naga, seeing a pack of eight Kensha beasts come to your party. When he saw his body appears, Brigitte did not want him to be devoured and although never built something over four kilograms, tried to lift his body and managed to pass it beneath the Kensha legs, which were unaware of the fact because his attention was focused on the large body of our tormentor. Brigitte put her body next to mine, and used a stone across the entrance hole in the tree.
After that, we were wandering aimlessly. We should have gone to the afterlife, but for some unknown reason, it had not happened.
Days later we saw a neko girl running and screaming through the woods when a huge hand coming from above caught her. It was a naga, who lifted the unfortunate neko to eat it. Brigitte shook me by the arm, asking me to do something. Without thinking I just moved his head from right to left, cutting off the hand of naga who fell to the floor still with the girl stuck between his fingers, while the naga fled, screaming in pain.
Moment later two men came and tried to open the hand naga, but it was too difficult. It was the time of Brigitte trying to use his telekinesis, and it worked! The neko girl was freed and went along with friends although not understand what had happened. Brigitte and I realized then that we should stay there for some time, using our powers to prevent other people had the same purpose than us. It was unfortunate that I have only perfected the technique that allowed me to kill monster girls with one firing after me, rather than before.
In the case of Brigitte, free from the limitations of your physical body psychic powers it had increased surprisingly: it could lift people or hold them in the air avoiding fatal falls, which sometimes happened when I hit a girl-monster He had raised its prey at a great height. She could also detect thoughts within a radius of hundreds of meters, which was used to alert people that were going down a path where there was a monster girl. Thus saved the lives of many people.
One day, someone told us about the Dimensional Gate and went there to try to use it in order to return to Earth and thereby obtain the final resting that in Felarya in was being denied. But when we try, nothing happened! We were disappointed and confused.
One day we found Lord Ianberos and talked to him about our problem. After thinking about the matter, it concluded that the solution would be someone else takes our remains to our homeworld, because then we could unite our bones and thus leave Felarya.
But no inhabitant of Felarya would help us because after reaching the earth would have no way back, as the portal in Cuba was somehow connected to a dimensional gate Felarya, which was defective. Who take us could ever see your new home! The solution was obvious: our savior would have to be someone from the same world as us.
- Lord Ianberos was of invaluable help to us. - Says Brigitte - It was he who warned us about the Felarya of angels and their conducts, eating people or covering for colleagues who do this. They told us that even some start accepting as meal damned souls from the hands of succubus and then, like so much that people begin to hunt themselves. This was a huge shock to me because Randall and the earth, angels are moral purity and integrity of symbols. We could never imagine that somewhere in the universe, could exist so deplorable conduct of angels! As a precaution, we both spent to avoid showing us all Felarya of angels, no exceptions.
Still, Ianberos made preparations to help such a person, even without knowing who would be and when he or she would reach Felarya. He provided the two bags and a rare amulet, which would make it possible for one of us to have a solid body that would be almost normal, but still not in need of rest, food or water.
- One moment,agent Ross! I saw you eat food and drink water several times during our journey!
- All were just illusions created by my telepathic powers. - Responds Brigitte - and have again a solid body was important, because the trip to the Portal would take several weeks, and how ghosts can only be solid for brief periods of time. So, Randall and I waited for another ten years, until you arrived. Luckily for him, Randall identified him as American, saying that all that remained was the US flag sewn on the back of your shirt to make it more obvious.
There, she used my telekinesis to pull him inside Vivian's mouth at the right time, Randall cut a tree branch that hit Vivian in the head and knocked out, jumping in the air and falling into a bush, where he stayed hidden.
-Why did not kill Vivian, just as he did with the other monster girls?
- I think we can call this a miscalculation, Doctor Jones. - Says Randall. The branch was partially broken perhaps some heavy monster girl have supported it, but it was so thick, and it seemed so heavy that I believed would crush the skull that purple naga. Unfortunately, I was wrong. But it did not matter in the end because you accepted the terms of my agreement and from there, me and Brigitte began to protect him. I ostentatiously and she as an invisible secret ally, on our side all the time.
- And how she helped during our trip?
- Using my telepathic powers to detect hidden monster girls, as well as other predators nearby. When she found a threat, it transmitted the information telepathically Randall, that he should be the other way. One silver and concave disk, used to destroy the doormat actually floated because of my telekinesis was I who warned about that tonorion who attacked on the first night of the trip. Also put you KO, realizing that you had been so nervous about the attack, I could not sleep again.
Then I began to increase the distance traveled every day. Whenever I go to sleep Doctor Jones I levitated, making a course of an average distance twenty miles every sleep period, while Randall led the way, eliminating any threat. And they were more than you could see.
- What this means?
- How many tonorions do think I killed Dr. Jones? - Asks the FBI agent.
- Only one.
- It's wrong. I killed eight, plus three Kensha beasts. But with the help of Brigitte´s skills, you was a sleep so deep that not even noticed it. It was she who gave me information about the location of dridder that cave whose roof was immersed in darkness, scoured Ur-Sagol and its surroundings to see if there was any threat, but it also helped a lot when that feathered anaconda fell on you.
- How did it help her?
- How long time that you were on the coils those exotic snakes, Dr. Jones? - Brigitte question.
- Only four or five minutes.
- In fact, were three and half hours. You believed to be having a normal conversation with Randall, but each time he asked a question,you took only ten minutes later without notice this because I numbs you mind, that lost the notion of passage of the time. So ran the covenant between you, Randall and me: we both strive uor best to save your life in Felarya for you rescued our souls from that darmned world, with its cannibalistic monster girls, pagan deities and murderer’s angels or of questionable ethos.
Speaking of angels, it is important to add that the most dangerous moment of his journey was when the giant girl-angel appeared. It was great as a DC-3, with moss-green wings and for the reasons you already know, should have a difficult relationship with others of their kind.
Fortunately for all of us, the vital energy that emanated from that gojira was so intense that the angel girl did not realize you within Manzo bag, as well as Randall and me who took care of flying into the ground looking up to watch the enemy, and synchronizing my speed so as to remain under the feets of monster man.
- I hope you're not offended at being manipulated by us, Doctor Jones - says Randall.
- Not even a little. I was terrified by almost being eaten by Vivian. I cannot even imagine what it would have been my soul consumed by a fallen angel, or taken to some unknown deity who would condemn me to unspeakable torments!
- Could you do me one last favor, Doctor Jones? - Randall question.
- What do you want?
- What light my remains to Vineland? Now you understand why I said that the reunion between me and to my family would not be happy? Twelve years ago they await my return, but I'm sure I will not like to have me back in those conditions. - Indicates the former FBI agent, pointing to his bones. - It will be harder for my wife Jocelyne and my son, Douglas. He was a five-year-old little boy. Now he should be grown-up teen, with high school degree. I could not be by his side during the last twelve years. My daughter Grace even had a chance to know me better, because she was still in diapers the last time I saw her.
I deeply regret, Randall. - Says Brigitte - Everything was my fault! If I had not gone through that portal, he would not have died in Felarya.
- I don´t blame for my death, Brigitte. Who would have thought something so amazing as a magical portal able to send people to another world? In addition, you also died in Felarya,before me!
- Yeah, you're right.Of course if you had caught me, I would go to some American prison, but at least after the war is over, could return to Germany and my home town, Dresden.
- You lived in Dresden? - Indiana says, perplexed.
- Why this surprise you? - Brigitte question - is a beautiful city and also an important cultural milestone in the state of Saxony. Many people to compare to Florence, Italy. So what´s the matter?
Lowering his head in dismay, the archaeologist answers:
- Between 13 and 15 February 1945, Dresden was attacked by hundreds of British and American bombers, under the pretext that it was an important military target with 110 factories, which helped a lot in the Nazi war effort.A extensive part of the town burned to the ground,and the most part of the civilians died. If your family was there the day of the attack,very likely to have been decimated. I'm so sorry,Miss Hebbel.
The former Nazi spy cries of pain and despair,putting her head on Randall's chest that embraces. When to Brigitte looks angry to Indiana Jones holds up his hands, saying:
- Yes, I fought the Nazis since before World War II started, but did not go to the front line, and although several of my friends have done it, none of them were on planes that attacked their hometown!
Brigitte scours the mind of the archaeologist and says:
- In fact, I can see in your mind that tells the truth. Well, then I can leave my bones in Cuba, or anywhere you want. - Says resignedly - Anything further would be more than a Nazi as I deserve.
- Do not belittle yourself that way, Brigitte - she says Randall lifting her chin with his hand. It is undeniable that you were a spy Hitler's service, and that the information sent to Abweher may have caused the death of others. But it also helped save the lives of many people in Felarya and before the war, did the same for a Jews family!
- You helped a Jewish family escape the Holocaust? - Indian question, even more surprised than the last time.
- I know this is very awesome,but it´s true. When I had ten years old I became seriously ill and died not only because of a Jewish doctor, Dr. Alon Etinger,who took care of me until my total healing. In 1937,because my psychic powers I discovered the terrible anti-Semitic laws that would soon be approved.So I warned the doctor Etinger to leave the country before that. He was smart enough to believe me and fled to Canada with his family.
- It was a very noble attitude on your part, Miss Hebbel. - Says Indiana Jones.
- Was that enough to keep me burn in hell with Hitler?
Is Randall that answers the question, saying:
- I'm sure that you no will be punished so hard! Keep in mind that you have not had any participation in the Holocaust and in addition to saving the life of a Jewish family, also saved lives in Felarya. For all this, I point to testify in your favor toward God! - Randall says firmly.
- Do you will even do it for me? - Brigitte asks, in astonishment.
- Yes, I'll! - Says the FBI agent – See all that happened on the world since our leaving in 1943: half of Europe, including a piece of Germany under Soviet rule! Communism spreading around the world likes a cancer! Americans and Russians manufacturing bombs put into the hands of men, a destructive power comparable to the wrath of God, threatening the survival of all mankind! In many ways, the Earth has become an even more daunting and dangerous than Felarya. Even if we were still alive, I don´t think there would be place for us here. Our final destination awaits us in another world.
Upon hearing that, Brigitte puts her head on Randall's chest; as if only twelve years after die, she was finally allowing herself begin to relax. Raising his hat in a last salute, Randall says:
- Goodbye, Doctor Jones!
- And one more time, thank you for everything you did for us! - Brigitte adds with a beautiful smile, before vanishing in the air along with the man who in life had been her enemy in life, and that after of the death, had become a friend.